When COVID-19 first showed signs of worldwide spread in February 2020, the Chairman of ABC immediately instructed relevant departments to monitor the situation and implemented a multitude of disease control measures to maintain normal operations of the Company. In response to the threat of variants of COVID-19, the Taiwan plants set up an epidemic prevention task force on April 23, 2021 to carry out various epidemic prevention measures according to the level of development of the epidemic and to keep track of the progress of the resumption of work to ensure that the Company maintains normal operations and provides customer services. The new regulations for the management of special infectious diseases are divided into four levels of prevention and seven major management measures, and are implemented in accordance with the "Epidemic Alert Standards and Response" of the Central Epidemic Command Center.
1. Epidemic prevention management by level In response to changes in the epidemic situation, the Company adopts a management model from Level 1 to Level 4, and holds regular epidemic prevention meetings to discuss and track the development of the domestic epidemic situation and the epidemic prevention measures within the factory.
2. Epidemic situation notifications • Establish a bottom-up notification mechanism and process. • If there are employees or their family members in a unit who are notified of home quarantine or home quarantine, they should report to the unit manager promptly and in detail.
3. Implementation of home isolation/quarantine/self-health management management Refer to the Central Epidemic Command Center for the implementation of home isolation/quarantine/selfhealth management of colleagues with confirmed infections and tracking management mechanism.
4. Activity history investigation and management In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control, MOHW or the county (city) government's announcement of confirmed cases necessitating the investigation of employees' or co-inhabitants activity history, the Company carries out health tracking measures for the employees involved.
5. Employee health monitoring • In accordance with the Company's epidemic prevention regulations, body temperature measurement, QR Code real name registration, health declaration, and hand disinfections are implemented when contractors, visitors, customers, and new employees enter the Company’s factories. • A facial recognition body temperature recording system is installed at the main entrance, and temperature measurement and disinfection machines are installed on each floor to enhance overall site safety. • All employees take a daily body temperature measurement, hand disinfection, and wear masks when entering the Company’s factories.
6. Environmental Management • Transparent plastic partitions are installed in employee canteens, with checkerboard seating required. Otherwise, employees may have meals in their own seats. • Disinfection of public areas (e.g. elevators, staircase handrails, meeting rooms, restaurants and dressing rooms) and units (e.g. personal desks, keyboards, mice, cell phones, file cabinets, labs, etc.). • Indoor air is circulated and air conditioning is used when needed.
7. Administrative Management • Reduce the gathering of personnel by using online video, LINE group chats or telephone conferences. • Avoid or prohibit assigned personnel from traveling to high-infection areas. • Post health and epidemic prevention information on bulletin boards, LINE groups, and washrooms. • Implemented triage, off-site or home office. • QR Code real-name registration is installed on all floors, meeting rooms, and entrances to all departments. • In accordance with the regulations of the FSC, shareholders' meetings are postponed and the number of participants is relaxed to less than 20. • Epidemic prevention scenario simulation drills.